- 2+ hour parking in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda and Albany
- Public, residential permit and metered street spots are fine. Public lots are not.
In Sacramento you can park in any legal street parking spot (not red, blue, yellow, or posted with other restrictions) that permits parking for 1 hour or longer. Check the street signs, if the signs are red you need a new spot, if they're green you're good to go!
- In Seattle, Gigs can park in any legal 1 hour or longer parking spaces in the HomeZone, including metered spaces (not otherwise restricted). Residential-permitted spots are cool too. Beware of streets that turn into bus lanes. Don’t end your trip in a bus lane as you’ll be charged if the Gig gets towed and ticketed.
- Designated spots in San Francisco and BART station parking lots.
- If you’re taking Gig and parking it in a private, off-street parking area like a driveway, an underground garage, office building, mall, or apartment complex, you must choose “Park and Come Back” in the app. You can’t end your trip in these restricted access areas.
- Mind the curb, if it's red, yellow, blue, green, or white don't park there. You also can't end trips in private or public parking lots (unless we have designated parking).
- Some areas are Red Zoned, you can't end a trip there. If you're parked near a Red Zone sometimes the app won't let you end a trip and you have to call Member Support.
Remember, don't park within 12 hours of city services (street sweeping, leaf pick-up) and be sure to read the signs carefully. Otherwise restricted parking spaces are always a no-go (handicapped, loading/unloading, vanpool, etc.) Sacramento Members, just as you wouldn’t at a gas station, please don’t park or block charging station parking spots unless you are actively charging your Gig.
Also, beware of underground or concrete parking structures, they often have low cell service and you might not be able to lock/unlock the car without your Gig Card. So better to just avoid those situations. Remember, you’re always required to obey all the usual signage, restrictions, and bylaws. You’re also on the hook for any tickets or tows if you park illegally or if you’re ending a trip in a time-restricted spot.
Need help? Give us a call at (800) 464-0889 to clarify if you need to. We won’t bite. Or yell.Watch Gig’s “how-to” videos to learn more: Where to Park